About our resources
The lesson plans are aligned with provincial and territorial curricula and are written for either intermediate (5-8) or senior (9-12) grades. Developed by teacher-members of the Canadian Council for Geographic Education (CCGE), the lesson plans conform to provincial and territorial curricula as well as to the Canadian National Standards for Geography.
The plans are written by teachers for teachers. Every lesson plan writer is a classroom teacher and member of the CCGE.
The lesson plans are free, ready-to-use and offer step-by-step guidance, lesson extensions, assessment rubrics, and, in some cases, student activity worksheets.
- Developing a Watershed Area with the End in Mind
- Exploring and Evaluating our Impact on Local Watersheds
- Keeping the Glass ½ Full
- Making a Watershed Model
- Protecting the PEI Winter River/Tracadie Bay Watershed
- Saskatchewan's Watersheds
- Sustainable Economic Development
- The Humber River Watershed
- The Peel Watershed
- Urban vs. Rural
- Water Conservation and the Watersheds of Nova Scotia
- Water Music
- Watersheds and what they involve