Giant floor maps
Click to enlarge
Parks Canada: Places and Spaces for everyone
Parks Canada actively works to celebrate Canada’s unique geography and rich cultural history.
Explore our great nation through our National Parks, National Historic Sites and National Marine Conservation Areas and
take students’ learning to a deeper level with ten curriculum-linked activities. With engaging activities, authentic props
and innovative teaching techniques, this map is sure to spark curiosity in students of all ages.
Learn how to introduce this resource to your class with this helpful guide.
Before you reserve the giant floor map, watch this short film by Parks Canada about the Charlottetown Conference of 1864.
The Giant Floor maps are available on loan for 3-week periods throughout the school year and by special request during the summer.
Floor map dimensions:
- Dimensions 10.7 m (35') x 7.9 m (26')
- Diameter of Shipping tube: 32 cm (13")
- Trunk: 82 cm (32") x 46 cm (18") x 58 cm (22.5")
The activity trunk includes:
- Teacher’s guide
- Information on the Parks Canada system
- Hard copies of all activities.
- All required materials for 10 activities (download activities below)
- Media kit (this will be e-mailed to you upon the completion of your reservation)
- A hard copy of a press release and background information
- A list of suggested ways to get media attention
Parks Canada giant floor map Activities (click to download)
- Teacher’s guide
- National Historic Sites cards, National Marine Conservation Areas cards, National Parks cards
- Animal Information cards
- Region Information cards and scenario cards
- Canadian Geographic articles and clue cards
- Communities cards
- Historical Events cards
- People, Places and Events cards, Simon Says + Thematic Framework card
- Activity Badges and Road Trip Planner
- Scavenger Hunt cards
- Water Routes List
- Teacher's Guide