Giant floor maps
Click to enlarge
Newfoundland and Labrador Giant Floor Map
This incredible resource has been developed specifically for the NL curriculum and will help students to understand the beauty, diversity and richness of the eastern most province in Canada.
Learn how to introduce this resource to your class with this helpful guide.
The Giant Floor maps are available on loan for 3-week periods throughout the school year and by special request during the summer. This resource is made available only to Newfoundland and Labrador teachers.
Floor map dimensions:
- Dimensions 10.7 m (35') x 7.9 m (26')
- The floor map will be shipped in a large bag filled with 10 activities.
The activity trunk includes:
- Teacher’s guide
- Hard copies of all activities.
- All required materials for 10 activities
Newfoundland and Labrador Giant Floor Map activities
- Activity 1: Our Home
- Activity 2: A closer look
- Activity 3: Natural vs Constructed
- Activity 4: How does our Government work?
- Activity 5: Transportation around Newfoundland and Labrador
- Activity 6: What digs?
- Activity 7: Protecting our land
- Activity 8: Abandoned Communities
- Activity 9: Indigenous Peoples of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Activity 10: We are unique — Newfoundland and Labrador Culture and Traditions
This map has been made available by the generous donations of RCGS Fellows in Newfoundland and Labrador.