Giant floor maps
Click to enlarge
Energy production & transmission
Energy is produced in many different places and in many different ways all across Canada. Dive into the complex transmission lines that crisscross across our country and explore Canada’s power generation stations, oil refineries, wind farms and more. Students will enjoy learning about the often-unseen system that plays such a big part in their daily lives through engaging, teacher-created activities.
Learn how to introduce this resource to your class with this helpful guide.
The Giant Floor maps are available on loan for 3-week periods throughout the school year and by special request during the summer.
Floor map dimensions:
- Dimensions 10.7 m (35') x 7.9 m (26')
- Diameter of Shipping tube: 32 cm (13")
- Trunk: 82 cm (32") x 46 cm (18") x 58 cm (22.5")
The activity trunk includes:
- Teacher’s guide
- Information on Canada’s energy landscape
- Hard copies of all activities.
- All required materials for 10 activities (download activities below)
- Media kit (this will be e-mailed to you upon the completion of your reservation)
- A hard copy of a press release and background information
- A list of suggested ways to get media attention
Energy production & transmission giant floor map activities (click to download)
Understanding Canada’s Energy Mix
Water, Water, Everywhere
On Top of the World
Shifting the Oilsands
The Pipeline Process
Imports vs. Exports
Canada’s Energy Story
Resources in Motion